Whether its a solid block colour, stripes, diamond or patterned, these rooms show that its ok to take out the carpets and be bold!
Monday, 27 February 2012
Inspired by Shrimp Salad Circus' homemade spoon herb markers, I decided to make my own, they look really fun and my boyfriend could not tell you which was basil and which was thyme if his life depended on it, so they are also really handy too! Also I replanted our rosemary plant in an empty olive oil tin to make a little window sill herb garden...
To make the spoon markers: I just bought some old spoons from the flea market and hammered them until they were flat, scored in the letters then went over with a black permanent marker just so the word showed up better.
Monday, 20 February 2012
Hit up that cream sofa with a miss match of colours, patterns, size, shapes and textured cushions. Whether its bold yellows and reds, calming neutrals or detailed patterns making a statement with loads of different pillows collected over time from different places (and possibly even getting the sewing machine out) is just what a living room needs sometimes.
1. Heltenkelthosmig.blogspot.com 2. Style Files 3. MadeByGirl.blogspot.com 4. DesignFiles.net 5. TheDesignFiles.net 6. DaisyPinkCupcake.blogspot.com 7. Living Etc 8. Pinterest 9. DailyImprint.blogspot.com 10. Cherry-Blossom-World.blogspot.com
Sunday, 12 February 2012
1. When I grow up I want to have a beautiful dining room like this. The strong royal blue patterned wallpaper is cleverly toned down with the bare wood floors and table and that HUGE mirror makes the room look double the size.
2. This room has somehow managed to seamlessly fuse old manor house style (landscape paintings and dark wood table) with retro pastels (moulded chairs and shell disk lamp shade). No easily done but is such a unique style.
3. You would need to be a clean freak in this stunning but very white dining room. Its great the way texture has been added using natural materials like the wooden chairs, rush matt and wicker basket.
4. Cute country dining room with worn painted table and chairs and grandma's table cloth. Also those vintage signs are great.
5. I would kill for that Moroccan inspired tiled floor! And love the built in bench with lots of comfy earthy toned cushions. And of course the retro hanging lights... just loving everything about this room really!
6. This is such a fresh, modern room but the cow hide rug and detailed parquet floor make it more friendly and quirky than other white walled dining rooms.